View Single Post
Old 2010-02-23, 09:36   Link #71
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That depends on the person. I guess that for some (just a guess) it's not that fun and it is like having to take medecine pills everyday of a life because of a disease. The thing is that people should have the choice (if they have the money). There is nothing wrong in liking wearing glasses, but if the person is unhappy with it, then people should let them do what they want, especially if it means that this person will feel better. Feeling well usually means to live a better life.
Indeed. I don't mind wearing glasses, and I've been wearing them for over 10 years. If I found them a hindrance in normal, day to day life, I'd think there was something wrong with me However, they can be a bit troubling for me when I practice martial arts. Until recently, I was practicing Bujinkan Budo, which involves a fair amount of grappling and groundwork, so it can be pretty difficult (and dangerous) to wear glasses in practice. Taking them off is also hard for me because I still have quite a lot of vision missing so it can make it hard for me to follow other people's movements.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote