View Single Post
Old 2004-08-25, 04:27   Link #16
hooliganj
Team Player

Thou shalt worship the Goddesses of CLAMP!!!

...or not, it's your choice really. As for me, I slavishly read whatever I can get my hands on. Most of their stuff is aimed at an 8-15 crowd, I think, but it always has a running theme and an interesting twist that keeps the story from being boring. Magic Knight Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, Clamp School Detectives, Angelic Layer, and Chobits are in this set, as well as a few manga-only stories that don't get their own series, like Help Me, 20 Masks, Wish, and Campus Police Duklyon.

They also have a string of titles aimed for an older audience, including RG Veda, Tokyo Babylon, X/1999, and Clover. Even if you try to avoid the kiddie comics, you can read and enjoy these.

Currently Del Ray is publishing two of the most recent titles here in the US, Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle and xxXHolic. Tsubasa is a series for the younger set, but it has crossover characters from every other title, which makes it a great read for CLAMP fans. xxXHolic doesn't have anything too mature in it yet, but the themes and tone may push it into darker territory before it's done.