View Single Post
Old 2010-03-21, 16:50   Link #6247
Used Can

Well, from the beginning, Hayate should never have been burdened with any debt. To begin with, he's a minor, and second, if debt was to be transferred, legal procedures ought to have been made.

In fact, leaving aside this is a manga, Hayate could easily get rid of this burden by contacting the authorities, and then telling them what happened. This way, the "debt" he has with Nagi would be transferred to his parents (i.e. assuming they have an actual record).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
I have a question for you, have you been following the manga weekly or off annd on in little spurts like I have? The reason for that is thatt I believe it is easier to accept her addition if you have been following weekly because of the timeframe, whereas she has come in and seemingly took control of the story in about 30 minutes for me after many hours of reading and built up affections for what were seemingly very important characters at the time.
I don't think it really matters whether you've been following the manga closely or not, but how much attached you're to a character or to a relationship. I for one, used to be a huge Hina and Maria fan (with Hina having a slight lead), but there were several things that made me start losing interest in the characters and the manga, like the scanlations being sloooow as fuck (we had to wait like what... 6 months for one release from MQ?), and the manga felt far to repetitive for me, not to mention Hina kept on making no advances, and Maria didn't get any focus.

I remember when I first read about Hayate's flashback, I hoped the girl would be either Maria or Hina (I thought she was Maria, since looking at her from the back, that's what A-tan looked like). There were many people who said it could be a different person, but I thought that'd be a stupid idea, considering we were like, 87 chapters into the story. However, 90 chapters later, we got into the EotW mini-arc, Athena got properly introduced, and I loved her, immediately. She had many of the traits that I liked from other characters (Hina's strength and leadership, Maria's maturity, Nagi's mistress status, Isumi's mysteriousness, Ayumu's straightforwardness), but she had her own flavour. In addition to her positive traits, she also had her negative traits, which I also became fond of. In addition to all of these, she her addition gave Hayate a background, and it gave the story a plot.

Last edited by Used Can; 2010-03-21 at 17:03.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote