View Single Post
Old 2010-04-17, 21:24   Link #6817
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
except he didn't destory mount fuji as a "symbolic" act of change
he did it because it turned out that he thought way too highly of his own skills as a strategist, and ended up being proven wrong.

he didn't make it part of a plan for global change
he RESORTED to it
he resorted to triggering a natural catastrophe, to cover up his own failing as a tactician

buy my REAL problem is that no one draws any attention to it at all
they mention the loss of life that resulted from pendragon being destroyed, but no mention of what Lelouch was responsible for
Mt. Fuji was one of the reasons why Japan produced 70% of the world's Sakuradite.

Lelouch failed, and he decided to make a global economy crisis out of it. Justifying it as 'No more advanced knightmares will be produced' doesn't really help with the fact.

He pretty much deprived the world of a precious resource, along with any hope of recovering from it.

I'm well aware of his blunder, unfortunate as it was it did prevent any further mass production of KMFs and FLEIJAs. But that doesn't really help the economy, at all. It was already strained BECAUSE of the production of KMFs and FLEIJAs.

Blowing up the world's biggest Sakuradite mining facility wasn't the ideal tactic.

I can also agree, Lelouch didn't want to make it better or save it. He wanted to plunge it into chaos and destroy it, then rebirth it in a gentler era. (Ironically, that 'gentler era' has the sturdiness of a paper towel.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote