View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 15:41   Link #60
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

The first episode's pacing distracted me, due to the melodrama, but this second episode made it make sense.

I am a bit surprised that CR picked up this title due to the BL undertones, but this is a great way to get people to get used to the naturalness of relationships that they are not otherwise exposed to, but only if they give it a try. I love the element of rebirth and reincarnation as it attaches to love -- it frames unorthodox relationships that make sense to an audience that would not otherwise understand how two people, whose love can be deemed unnatural by societal standards, can be quite natural. But with CR picking this up, I can't see them going too far with the BL. One step at a time, I suppose. Maybe people will start to understand that it's not boy love or girl love, it's just a love that is incessant and uncontrollable for someone else.

I don't know if his blackhaired friend without the glasses is the same guy that keeps rescuing him. I thought it was, but it's not so obvious. I thought his soulmate's name was Luka but it's Zess? IDK. A bit confused. Or maybe this blackhaired friend is the evil voice we keep on hearing.

This second episode was a great set up -- drawing the battle lines and outlining the players in very precise terms.

After seeing the voice over promo for the next episode, I get it now -- they talk about inane things like nail clippers and melon bread as comedic relief to the sullenness and Gothic mood. I didn't get it at first but now I do, lol.

I think I'll stick with this. I like Yuki a lot better now than I did in the first episode, but he needs to get over feeling sorry for himself. I don't really know why he's so depressed all the time and so concerned about his self worth and place in life when it is obvious there are so many people who want him around -- including all those kids at the orphanage.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote