Thread: Crunchyroll Giant Killing (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-22, 12:40   Link #121
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In general, I'd expect the giant killing to come at the end -- although I suspect there will be a giant killing every few episodes from now on. But not in ep4, which dramatically would make most sense as a promising loss.
Haha, no, I agree; ETU losing the match next episode would be the dramatically most sensible outcome. What I mean in terms of the match 'delivering' is finally giving us a hint as to what Tatsumi's 'Giant Killing' strategies are like. What we've gotten so far has been moderately interesting in a technical sense--showing speed and stamina wearing down a defense conditioned to instinctually chase after the ball, or how establishing a false pattern of passing to forwards can set up a direct shot into goal. However, these somewhat 'cheap' strategies seem more aimed at ETU's own weaknesses than openings a decent opponent might actually have. All we've really seen so far has been rough unpolished newbies taking the piss out of the more skilled regulars in the team: with such glaring weaknesses in the regulars, and such unreliability in the youngsters, the anime seems to have put more emphasis on how crappy the team is than how Tatsumi has actually taught them anything. What I'm waiting to see are the actual compositions, formations, and strategies making use of these players that will make the titular 'Giant Killings' possible--that's what this anime is taking four episodes to finally get to, and what I'm calling a 'tease'.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote