Thread: Cars anyone?
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-24, 07:05   Link #340
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Exactly the point some people are making: you're spending double the money for a BMW badge. I can understand why some people would make the comparison, ludicrous as it sounds.

That being said I'd take the E92 in a heartbeat if I had the money. I will admit that the 2011 Mustang is impressive, but comparing it to an M3 is like comparing an F15 to an Apache Helicopter Gunship, sure the two cars are made to go fast, but the philosophies behind them are very different. The Mustang will forever be a point-and-squirt muscle car, while the M3 will always be a knife-edge racer dressed as a family saloon. Sure the Mustangs numbers are inching ever so closely to sports-car territory, hell they are there. But the Mustang is first and foremost a muscle car. And Ford doesn't have any intention of changing that image so long as us Americans like that sort of thing.

Guess the point I'm trying to make is you can't really compare the two. But you can admit that the Mustang is damn good value for money.
Now I'll give you the fact that the mustang will never be a performance luxury car
but at that pricedifference you can hop up the Stang to BMW level 'knife edge racer' and beyond
...and still keep money in the pocket
because when it comes to "aftermarket improvements" most USA musclecars have a much larger playingfield than any of their 'exotic' competitors
not only in available options but also the much larger increase in performance