View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 13:51   Link #9167
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
and that's where I don't get it.
In the case the murderer knows of the endgame explosion, he wouldn't bother killing anyone. Why going through that hassle if everyone is going to die anyway? So in this case the one who wants to cover him, wouldn't have anything to cover.
The murderer might have a sadistic wish to go on a killing spree in addition to a rational desire to have everyone dead. Then someone who wants to cover for the sadistic wish but doesn't know of the endgame explosion starts covering, probably puzzling the murderer. That is the only way it works and I don't like it myself. I'm actually arguing that if anyone deliberately wants to kill everyone in the endgame explosion, they have to be a distinct faction of their own not normally engaged in murder. If such a distinct faction seems unrealistic, it follows that the endgame explosion is not deliberate.

Also as LyricalAura explained above, in this context stakes as a 'don't worry he's dead' message may have a completely different motivation.

Quote:
In the cases both of them do not know... well you have something incredibly improbable.
Either you have not 2 but 3 different parties with different agenda: murderer, person who covers the murderer, explosion murderer. Or 2 plans and an unfortunate incident: murderer, person who cover the murderer, and natural event that just happens to solve everyone's problems permanently.
This can be bypassed by the explosion actually being an inevitable result of a normally occurring action, which result is not actually foreseen. Only in Ep4 the person triggering it has to be Beatrice. The big problem with it is that the triggering action has to happen at at least slightly different times, but explosion seems to always happen at 00:00 sharp.

Quote:
I think the old idea that someone is trying to create a fake murder mistery and a killer of opportunity jumps in killing everyone for real, is by far more credible.
These ideas are closely related anyway... The problem with the fake murder mystery and a killer of opportunity 'as is' is that there is a need to explain why someone engaging in a fake murder mystery plot would continue to do so when it is obvious real murders have started happening, perpetrated by someone who is not them, and potentially implicating them in the real murders when they aren't guilty.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote