View Single Post
Old 2004-09-02, 02:06   Link #21
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Supposedly Negima is going to be a "special short anime" that won't be out until April...sounds like an OVA, which is too bad because with 50+ chapters there's definitely enough material for a TV series:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/colu...man.php?id=179

I've got to think the TV series will come eventually, but maybe they're testing the waters with the OVA first. And I thought Azusa's eyes were distracting too, it just ruined her character design for me. On the cover of the manga posted earlier it was subtle enough to not look bad, but in the anime it just makes her look like she's possessed or something--it reminds me of Hiro from Asagiri no Miko...
I agree with you, a lot of Anime comes out in OVA form before it becomes a TV series. This is a way that producers can test the water. A few that comes to mind are:

- UltraManiac
- Wind ~Breath of the Heart~,
- Bubblegum (2033 vs 2044 - many debates over this!!!)
- Ah My goddess (TV Series coming...)
- Rockman
- Green Green

The list goes on and on but you get my drift.

As to Asuna's eyes. I asked myself WTF. I thought there was something wrong with my monitor or she totally lost one of her contacts. It was IMHO terrible. It totally was distracting. My eyes kept on drifting to her eyes and I had to rewind a few times to get the jist of the preview.
________
Ford windstar specifications

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:44.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote