View Single Post
Old 2010-05-02, 16:45   Link #7
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamnark View Post
I've committed to doing the first 5 episodes. After that it'll depend on the interest of our other members to continue it, or if another group would like to help I'd be willing to work with them.

Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for subtitling the first episode!
Kabocha Wine is one of my favorite anime of my teenage years. I saw the series on french television in the late eighties and bought the first japanese dvd box a few years ago as well as the soundtrack on lp and cd. I speak and read japanese so no problem for me to follow the series, but I always wanted to show a couple of episodes to my friends who don't understand japanese or not well enough. So now I can, and I even planned to show your fansub at a small Swiss con later this month if it's ok for you

Quote:
I've always been picky about subtitles getting in the way of the opening and ending visuals, so we'll be rotating from clean, romaji, translated, clean. Look forward to the translated opening/ending on episode 3.
I prefer clean openings without any distracting karaoke kanji/romaji subtitles too, but if you manage to keep them small and simple so that they won't be in the way of the visuals, all the better for anyone interested in the lyrics.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote