View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 16:46   Link #10629
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
No, you had it. I am talking about the red from EP4. The red you just quoted me said that Erika has no influence, not that the red from previous games have no influence. However (this is the entire wall of red from Beatrice during her and Battler's conversation about his theory on Kinzo in EP4)

No matter what the disguise, they would not mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo!
Kinzo's life or death status is the same at the start of each of the four games.
The setup was not different for the fourth game alone...!
Kinzo is already dead at the starting time for all games!
Before now, I have proclaimed that no more than 18 humans exist on this island.
I will lower that by one for Kinzo!!
No more than 17 humans exist on this island!!
That excludes any 18th person.
In short, this 18th person X does not exist!!
This applies to all games!!!

The no more than 17 humans ends up applying to all games. Beatrice said it herself. I don't think it's logical to say a later red can overwrite a previous red, if those two lines you quoted even referred to the count of humans. In fact, the clue from EP5 that reds applied without specific game contexts end up applying to all future games. And that line is like in the same conversation about the no more than 17 person limit. If future reds can overwrite old reds then really your current game is an entirely independent game. You cannot take any ideas from previous games.

Anyways, I'm just talking about the improbability that Erika can increase the count to 18. Or how anyone can increase the count to 18 temporarily. There's no problem if she never made it and is just a ghost or an idea...
I think your overcomplicating things. The red says she increases it by one person. How she does that is the problem. All my solution does is make her an 18th person while still having 17 people on the island. That's why it's temporary.

That and episode 5 hadn't been made yet. Bern and Lambda took that into account. That's why they give all those reds for her not influencing any of the previous games. All games would then equal all games that existed when that red was proclaimed.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote