View Single Post
Old 2010-05-26, 07:04   Link #1911
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's what i've been saying for a long time, though people will always compare even if it makes no sense to do just that. This is how people end up disappointed with the Rebuild films without even giving them a chance.
Even if i don't compare Rebuild to the original as a stand alone it is nothing special compared to other anime these days.It's like a new school romance/comedy with some mecha action thrown in. It's just the next series that's gonna be watched and left to gather dust on the shelf - it's not something that lasts.
I guess Anno wanted to appeal to the general public which didin't like the original and apparently they have enough money to do it.
I still enjoy the new graphics though some scenes just look weird and some of the CG doesn't fit with the rest of the scenery much.
I also like the fact that Rebuild started being released 14 years after the original series - it's like real time Third impact.

And yes @Ashlotte the OST is really great - all new pieces Shiro Sagisu made for the Rebuild are great and don't sound inferior to his previous work on this anime.

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote