View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 23:29   Link #39
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventury View Post
After re-reading my own post, I do realize that perhaps choosing the word 'stain' wasn't the best idea. After all I do/did enjoy watching the shows in question to some extent. I won't get into much detail since I do believe that the thread has already been derailed enough, but my point is that, regardless of their quality, both shows (a remake and a sequel) simply are the most obvious representation of BONES' progressively falling to more comercially inclined productions. I don't exactly have a problem with the concept of sequels per-se.
I've never understood railing against so-called "commerically-inclined" series. A good series is good, and a bad series is bad. Whether they're overtly selling something because of it shouldn't come into play. Some of my most endearing childhood memories are tied to running home from school so I'd be home in time to watch the "thirty-minute commercials" selling Transformers and GI Joe. And frankly so much of the anti-commercial writing and production is either such poor quality (you do need some commerciality to fund your budget) or so pretentiously full of its own "edginess" as to be unwatchable. And of course the opposite can also be true.

On a certain level all art is commercial. Someone has to pay for it to be made. But we're wildly off-topic...

So yeah, when do you think we'll start seeing the Star Driver PVC models for sale...? ^_^