View Single Post
Old 2010-06-11, 17:28   Link #10923
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
Maria can lie. In fact Maria does lie; we have been shown this.

"Beatrice turned into gold butterflies and flew through the cracks in the door"

...I HIGHLY doubt that actually happened.

And on the note about Maria in ep 1. When the cousins first wake up in the morning. Maria is looking around for Rosa. And it seems pretty frantic. But then when she hears about the deaths. She doesn't seem to care at all. That is a huge change. First she is worried cause she can't find her mom, and then later she is doesn't care that she was told that her mom died.
Wait... I thought we need to go over Maria's scenes again. If you look at the candy under the cup in EP6, one possible explanation is that someone performed the trick for her so that she would view it as real magic. She is the 'Magic' observer.

My first instinct if she said something like "Beatrice turned into gold butterflies and flew through the cracks in the door" is that she is lying. But there exists the possibility that she doesn't think she's lying; she really does think she observed something like that.

Doesn't Maria insist that she always tells the truth somewhere in the earlier episodes? I forgot... 8)

Anyways, if this is true then if she does see something magic like then we should be immediately suspicious of the people around her. If it always turns out to be the same person (i.e. George or Shannon... ) then technically speaking we have some evidence.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote