View Single Post
Old 2004-09-11, 12:08   Link #19
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

First off yinstro the manga is pictures, granted you will need some imagination to know what's happening from scene to scene it isn't like reading a book where the extent to which you use your imagination is pretty much boundless.
Second, if you compare the art in naruto to the art in other mangas you'll realize that it is extremely messy, it's good, it's just not that good.
It's true that after reading the manga the anime can get somewhat boring.. which is why I've decided to only watch the anime. The thing is, after reading the manga not only do yo already know what's going to happen, you're waiting for those really cool scenes precisely because you've used your imagination. So while only watching the anime means you won't be using your imagination as much (well I tend to start thinking about everything they don't show and how the naruto world works, etc. But that's up to each reader and each viewer.) it does mean that it stops being dissapointing and starts being more enjoyable.
For example, I tried to read the manga from chapter one when I started reading but I simply couldn't, I already knew pretty much everything and was dissapointed that some of the scenes I liked very much never actually existed or lacked the 'coolness' they had in the anime. It's not a one way deal, it can happen both ways.
Oh and am I correct in assuming that you began watching the anime late and watched up to around say, episode 70 or so without having to wait weeks between episodes? This happened to me too, the fact is, you get used to the pace, and when you run out of episodes and have to wait a whole week for the next one you start getting bored of waiting. I've recently shown Naruto to some friends, everything from episode 80 or so to episode 100. They loved it, especially the sannin fight.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote