View Single Post
Old 2010-06-19, 01:58   Link #88
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiscian View Post
Farios:
-No, they do not expect us to sympathise with each and every background character. It's more about realising how even with that much variation, they all managed to come to terms with their life and be fulfilled. This is probably a testament to Yuri's creation of the SSS and the bonds it forged.
Yeah i admit taht isn't possible but they all have a potential for that if only the studio just care to show them, rather than killing them in a most unsatisfying way

Quote:
-As mentioned, I believe the guy in the computer room is an advanced NPC/projection of the computer program meant to explain and interact. This is why he had no personality, no opinions, and hardly any answers.
Well i guess that's one logical way to accept it, thanks.

Quote:
-Angel has angel player because she's the freaking angel.
In all seriousness, we'll probably find out next ep because we don't know much about her past.
Hopefully not some dull explanation like "God give me this highly supernatural software because he seems to think that i a somehow mysterious player with an almost zero social skill is a perfect candidate for supervising this world"

Quote:
-Otonashi wants to help people; that's been his goal ever since he decided to become a doctor. He has a reason to stay on.
Yuri: admittedly, I don't know.
Somehow it just bugs me with that explanation, he can;t move on because he wants the other to move on first?...Bummer if you ask me

Quote:
-They wouldn't have disappeared if they didn't have enough fun. As explained in the computer room scene, it's actually a bad thing for them to become too accustomed to their lives in the SSS, because the school is meant to be a place where they learn to accept and move on. This is why Yuri decided not to hijack the computers and turn the whole place into a heaven: it would result in people staying forever and never learning to accept their life.
But c'mon he just choose randomly that X worth to move on because it looks like X has enough fun in this world, despite you know he barely anything about them, like when he thinks that Yui qualifies simply because he thinks her fun already equals to her suffering in the past. If you look at another way it seems that Otonashi just playing god by deciding who's out first and last

Quote:
-Otonashi didn't act as smart as he could have, I admit that. He underestimated Yuri and thought she would oppose them no matter what, and that's why he didn't try talking to her.
In light of that, making Kanade the scapegoat was a decent-ish idea.
Actually i think that's pretty dumb, i mean "I want you to distract them, so i can secretly makes them disappear"? So he makes Angel hated again, just so he can works secretly? After all the time, he finally realizes that they can stop fighting if both sides (SSS and Angel) can just talks things out, and he can be a potential mediator for both of them, he decides to keep it a secret? WTH?

Quote:
I hope that answers some of your questions.
Yes, thank you