View Single Post
Old 2010-06-30, 18:40   Link #12308
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
On a more serious note, hormone pills?
Doesn't work at all.

Like I said, no hormone pills exist for men, or, for that matter, existed in 1955-1963. (well, except those that would simply kill Krauss in a few years) It would be immediately evident to a doctor that seriously checks Natsuhi (which is said to have happened) that something is wrong with her in particular if pills were administered to her.

But even if Natsuhi were never tested, Eva is not sufficiently in control of Natsuhi's environment to ensure she is always taking them, and, as Natsuhi is said to have travelled extensively with Krauss early after their marriage, for long periods she would be completely outside of Eva's reach altogether.

If both Krauss and Natsuhi are healthy, one ovulation period is all it takes, and even one missed pill may be sufficient if it's missed at the right time. Not to mention that as far as I remember, hormonal contraceptives were illegal in Japan all the way until the 90s...

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote