View Single Post
Old 2010-06-30, 22:50   Link #1175
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I was just about to give up on this series when it was dragging around chapter 59/60 but decided to give it one more go and glad I did. Can I say FINALLY! we get to see the real Kaname and his past? And with all the so-called manipulative character he was accused of having, his past shows that he has always been the true good vampire who really cared for humans (more than himself).
Spoiler for chapter 62:
Well I think people were commenting on the fact that he is now a manipulative person. Whether in the past he was more whether in the past he was similar to Zero is fairly irrelevant unless to draw more of a parallel between their paths.

I thought it actually a fairly good move to make Kaname more similar to Zero. It shows what can possibly happen to Zero is he loses his moral bounds. Kaname isn't the same person he was back then I think that fairly obvious to see. The question is he a better or worse person? I vote worse. He even more cynical about the world changing that Zero. I believe Zero still holds out hope but by Kaname words last chapter I doubt he holds out much. Also he is more will now to do things that will kill people as long as it gets him what he wants. Instead of being sympathize to Zero situations because of the similarity he deemed to use it to his advantage and alienate someone already on the edge. For all his plotting all he's done is kill more of his own kind and push the tensions closing to the tipping point. For all this superior attitude he's has got he has accomplished almost nothing towards changing how things work in the VK world.