View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 12:24   Link #12604
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdri View Post
Oh I think its really the exact opposite. As I said some post before while the portraits may not show anything that really happens in the real world even besides the gameboard all those portraits IMO obviously have a intention to express something about the people on it and how they fit into the story.

For the hand: Even if the hand by itself is not really important the contrast in the portrait between Erikas smile and the strange imagery of the bare landscape in the background, the damaged seat and this bloody hand made her look suspicious and people quickly assumed its some kind of fake smile and started imagining her as a mischievous or wicked character even if they didn't even know how she fits in at all. And in the end that was straight to the point.

So I think the small details and the symbolisms are the best hints for whats to except of those characters. After all they are be far to filled with those details to assume this is just decoration without meaning.
I guess you're right, I just don't think they should be taken with any sort of literal meaning (i.e. the hand in Erika's portrait didn't specifically have anything to do with her character.)