View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 06:08   Link #126
pdshingo

Send a message via MSN to pdshingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps this is a cultural nuance I didn't pick up on. Perhaps Shinichiro is implicitly apologizing through his tears, or some other means.

Thanks for the feedback.

True Tears is an implicit anime in many aspect is because the director want to do this in this way. He didn't want to tell the story clearly, but still leaves many clues in each scene that makes everyone could have his/her own interpretation to this story. I have to say this is quite interesting to me, but it also makes TT sometimes is a little hard to fully understand it.

Still, I think the information from director/scriptwriter talking in fan'book /DVD/BD and the lyrics of character image songs could be the reference to answer the question and understand what director really want to show us.

For example, does Shin ever love Noe in romantic way ? Why does he look shift to Noe in last 3 ep but he still break the relation with Noe? Why Noe's action is a little confused at last ?

The scriptwriter said their feeling to each other is a little like philosophical love, she said that's a kind of feeling that cannot be named. It's pure and beautiful, but not the love between lovers. It maybe could turn to love, but there's reason that make it didn't happened in this show.

She said Shin is attracted by Noe, but he never loves Noe in romantic way. That's why in ep7 he tried to convince himself he likes Noe, and looks hesitated in ep9~11. (You can see he is happy to share story with Noe, but he never show the same expression/take the same action to Noe as to Hiromi. )

In the other hand, Noe's feeling to Shin is not lover's love, either.( maybe a little in the end) Her emotion is not complete, and her mind is not like a normal 15-year-old girl but more like a 10-year-old girl.( She tried to shell herself after her grandmother's death because she's afraid to get hurt in relations. She's a little like Peter-Pen.)

You can see she didn't know what's the meaning to a boy eat with a girl alone, and didn't know Shin's feeling to Hiromi at the beginning. That makes her confront/punch Hiromi in ep7 when she think it's Hiromi's fault that makes Shin's unhappy and cannot fly. She looks a little confused after meet Hiromi & Jun in ep12 because what they've show her is the unfamiliar feeling that she never know before. She found out that's different feeling when one love another in romantic way, and that's why she said the she didn't see anything in ep 12.

The scenes/micro expressions of them when they're together in this show support these statements, though it looks a little confused at the beginning.

(I think that's why she cannot be the final winner.... she maybe look good in many aspect, but the feeling is different. And what she really needs is to grow up but not the love...)

Finally, many people say that Noe's finally scene of tears is beacuse of heartbroken. But I think there's more in her final tears after I finished the Drama CD and read the new lyric of the song sang in the BD epilogue.( not only the sadness, but also some appreciation/bless...)

P.S.
The most interesting part of True Tears to me is to interpretat each character's (especially Hiromi's) feeling/emotion/body language...etc. I 've seen some anime's story/painting/music are better than TT, but I never seen an anime that emphasized on micro expression so much. I think these micro expressions are quite critical to understand this story, and i could write a lot interpretations about these in each epsode. ( True Tears always remind me a drama called "Lie To Me" XD)

Last edited by pdshingo; 2010-07-09 at 05:00.
pdshingo is offline   Reply With Quote