View Single Post
Old 2004-09-21, 00:23   Link #33
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I think you're somewhat lost in the different term VMLM3

The Tsukiyomi is the name of the jutsu, the Mangekyou Sharingan is the name of the state of the Sharingan needed to use such jutsu and it's Itachi who hypnotizes the people.

I don't understand your point about Sasuke : Itachi did used the Tsukiyomi against him.

Now indeed the Tsukiyomi isn't the only Genjutsu that a Sharingan or worse a Mangekyou Sharingan user could use but probably the most powerful one.
hmm In the anime atleast Itachi uses only the mangekyou against Sasuke, maybe that changes in the manga, I started reading at about chapter 200 and I never got around to reading the ones before that.
I think I just explained myself wrong. The Sharingan grants Itachi the ability to hypnotize people, Mangekyou form further enhances his abilities, allowing him to perform Tsukiyomi, which in turn let's Itachi 'create' (not really create, more like make believe) a world for his victim where for a very small time he is god. So Tsukiyomi itself isn't what Itachi uses to hypnotize his victim, rather the Mangekyou Sharingan... which was the point I was trying to make...
Now if that's wrong then I do infact have to go check up on some back issues of the manga...
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote