View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 21:06   Link #26530
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
So, not only Nanoha have unpleasant expirience with Gadget Drones prior StrikerS.
It was actually finding out that the Gadgets appeared before StrikerS to attack Nanoha that gave me the idea to use them in Fealty ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
@dc: that was good, sad, but good.
Thanks! I would have liked to continue it a bit further and go more into how Hayate felt about the whole thing, but I decided to cut it short before it got overly dramatic or sentimental .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Um.... damn. I jolted like all heck when the Hound broke through Hayate's barrier and chomped down, yikes.

Definitely a very good piece, and it offers a good explaination of why we never see Zaffy in his human form in StrikerS, but I prefer to think that he favors his wolf form over his human form instead. Still, if we were ever told anything about what happened between the gap of A's and StrikerS, I could see this happening, or something similar to it.
I'm glad you jumped, I deliberately tried to time that moment off expectation .

And yeah, I didn't expect it to follow canon terribly well, but it was still a fun speculation exercise ^^. Hmm, for Zafira to favour his wolf form over his human one could make an interesting character piece..... *ponders idea*

Quote:
And now, random short time! Very random. Very short. Yeah.

Spoiler for In A Name:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
[/quote]

Damn, I never picked up the significance of her Device's name before @_@.

I have to say, other than the beginning (which felt like your style and that I liked very much), the rest of the piece doesn't feel to me like one of your better works . I always admire how you paint your characters with a really subtle, deft and original hand, but here it seems very plain and awkward, as if the characters are doing something to obviously show character instead of just simply revealing bits about themselves through subtle means.

The ending didn't quite leave a punch, although I do love the dramatic irony (since we readers know what happens to Miranda....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
That's exactly why he stays in wolf form. He finds it more comfortable. He uses his human form to train with the neighbourhood kids, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Yeah, I remember that had been mentioned in one of the Sound Stages or something. Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't remember where I'd heard it from.
Gah, this isn't the first time the dang Sound Stages derailed one of my fics .....and it probably won't be the last time either .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
You know, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll EVER get done with this drabble or if it'll turn into a very long one-shot.

Spoiler for More Changes:
It's kind of heartbreaking how Alicia is trying to shield Fate from Precia's hate by directing the blame onto herself...it's such a mother thing to do, try to preserve their child's innocence by convincing them that they're wonderful and that no one could possibly hate them. It's also kind of tragic since Alicia can't stand that Precia is so cruel to Fate, yet Alicia is doing all of this (and had created Fate in the first place) in order to save Precia's life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Allow me to reiterate what's been said, since I can't think of anything unique: very good. Very exciting. And oh, my, sad...
Thanks! ^^ I'm surprised that the main reaction I got was sad! I guess, in a twisted way, I kind of viewed the ending as positive?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote