View Single Post
Old 2010-08-31, 15:09   Link #113
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEN View Post
Well, if you're just a ripper, things are different for you. The more work you have to do on an episode (even if it's just to meet whatever quality standards you have), the longer it takes.
True, but in the specific part you quoted, I was talking about the full thing, in other words doing everything from translation to releasing in-group. 12 manhours is plenty for that, unless you're doing a billion edit/QC/whatever passes which hardly increases quality and generally speaking just slows the release down.

I have lead an actual fansub group as well and we had the 48-72 hour aim. Despite people not being online or going missing (like one week the translator was missing, so we had to find someone from outside the group), we generally managed to keep the timeframe and have good quality results. Sadly the group had to disband after 8 episodes due to translator disappearing permanently and we couldn't find another one to fill the void.

All in all, as I said, releasing in 48-72 hours after airing is a very lenient timeframe for a full fansubbing job.

Also, you certainly talk a lot about "enjoying the process of fansubbing aside from releasing", but you still haven't specified WHAT exactly you enjoy in that. Just saying that you "enjoy it" is pretty much a blanket statement with no value in it. I'm interested to know, so it'd be pretty nice if you could be specific.
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote