View Single Post
Old 2010-09-09, 18:34   Link #17516
Erisette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The identity of the Witch of Origins has been at least vaguely explained; "one who makes 1 from 0." In Meta-World terms, this seems to be the person capable of codifying and personifying the characters of that world. If ep7 is to be believed, Maria is directly responsible for the entire foundational narrative from which the Meta-World characters derive their identities.

But the actual narrative instances seem to come from the "Endless" individual. Arguably this means the storyteller, who can take a base narrative (the setup of Rokkenjima, Maria's meta-world characters) and spin infinite stories from it.
Then the Witch of Origins is the one that creates the "world" and the characters and the Endless Witch writes the plot using the things she created, right? I guess parts like "You killed my family a lot of times" and "I can kill and revive your family" make sense with this.

Also, could it be that at the end of EP5, Battler didn't forgive the culprit, but just Meta-Beatrice? Maybe he realized the games until then were just fiction.
Erisette is offline   Reply With Quote