View Single Post
Old 2010-09-11, 12:10   Link #94
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd personally go for Tenchu as the best stealth game, since in Metal Gear (particularly the later ones) you can just kick the door and rain down bullets and grenades while chomping on that ration.
Granted, you can play Metal Gear 'loud', but it's not as satisfying (or economical, from a resouce standpoint)... a zero-kills, zero-alert playthrough is still a noble goal. The option (with the exception of some 'boss battles', I think) also crops up in the Deus Ex games (and it's good to see that the upcoming prequel - Human Revolution - hasn't forgotten that).

The adversarial mode looks quite interesting... if you thought the Face-Off mode from various Splinter Cell games was intense, this seems to take it up several notches. Having see the video footage, I find myself wondering about a couple of things...
  • will there be variations on a given model, such as alternative colorations and/or slightly differing outfits? What this means is that while not all the courtesans, for instance, in a given 'arena' will look exactly alike, enough will so that a player's particular model thereof won't automatically stand out.
  • a premium is already placed on covert takedowns. Will some scenarios include patrolling guards among the NPC populace? In such a case players who go for the loud flashy kills have to worry about eluding guards as well as other assassins (in SC: Conviction, there is a similar option for Face-Off which has the 'arena' swarming with guards actively hunting both players).
  • AC has, as I understand, a serviceable melee system - it would be interesting to see how well it works when all the involved combatants are actual players.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote