View Single Post
Old 2010-09-16, 16:21   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It means you never get off your phone.
Quote:
the idea is that it might affect you 50-70 years down the line.
That's why there is no "conclusive studies" yet because these new newfangled gadgets haven't been around long enough to conduct long term studies.

to give an analogy (albit of a bit extreme one) is like to say that I've been smoking for 6 of my last 22 years (the age listen in your profile) and I don't have lung cancer yet!

I personally do think that it is a very possible threat, but obviously the convenience of having a cell phone always in my pocket, and the requirement for all papers to be typed up outweigh the risk down the line (or do they?).
Lung cancer comes from cumulative effect, brain tumours come outta nowhere :P In any case, it's only dangerous while receiving and sending signals (i.e. when you're calling and texting people) because the microwave amplification can cause the frequency of your cells to soar, thus augmenting their temperature and causing an internal meltdown...at least that's what happens to your micro-waved food when exposed to a constant stream of microwaves! So when you talk too much, using a handsfree is a must (too much = 5min+).
Quote:
I sleep next with my head literally inches away from my computer (which is pulling about 650w constantly), my server (another 250w), a step-down transformer, a UPS, and an industrial grade network switch. I've done that for years, and it doesn't do a thing to me.
None of these have an actual effect on you, unless your computer screen is a brown-type and the box is facing your head (case of stray electrons zapping your NS).
Quote:
Long time ago it used to be p0rn mags under my pillow

now it's just another pillow, 1 pillow ain't enough gotta be 2 now.
Know what's better than 2 pillows? 2 pr0n pillows!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote