View Single Post
Old 2010-10-05, 13:34   Link #495
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
^ Please take a look at this. I believe it means that the pre-order sales or perhaps the ani-otaku eagerly wants to put it on their shelves. I didn't know leaks can be this blatant, and it may be the first time I've encountered this news. What about the HotD thread? I haven't browsed it, but I think S2 will be announced soon as the sales are just as good as Tatami Galaxy.

Wait a minute.. is there a confirmed number of episodes yet? It would break me apart if there's only 13 episodes prior to this season.
The manga is only a 50 thousand opening week seller, it's not that big.. it would be near the bottom of the pile in WSJ for instance.. behind even Psyren let alone Medaka Box, Sket Dance, Kuroko and Beezlebub.

DVD's aren't even listed as far as I know, see nothing on amazon jp rankings either. The guy from manglobe just said it to try and get more buys.. if it sold something like say 8k for the first volume than they announced sequel @ the end of episode 13 or 12 than it would've made the fans think "we did it!".

As for HotD sales were good.. better than Tatami Galaxy... (Hotd is @ 7.3k after 1 week, TG finished @ 7k for vol 1) don't expect a second season announcement soon due to lack of source matieral.. even if they made most of it anime original that's still a lot of planning time compared to adapting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah ... it's more like the plan was leaked, usually new seasons are planned before-hand, but not announced to boost sales (aka marketing) ... there is a lengthy counter-argument in HotD thread, though
Eh.. this is obviously a 2 season cour show broken into 2 separate one cour seasons.. I really don't see how any of the sales arguments in the HotD thread even apply to this.

Sales will matter for a 3rd season period Manglobe's made too many sales failures to invest in this again if it's not worthwhile... and if sells really badly.. who knows they might even Mitsudomoe it and cut the episodes down in the second season.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-10-05 at 13:55.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote