View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 19:32   Link #1235
kitten320

Finally saw the movie.

I had mixed emotions about it though, what I definetly didn't like was how rushed some things were. Like for example when Shirou met Rider for the first time and then next second he and Rin are fighting random skeletons inside of school while Rider is already DEAD! Just what the...
It looked like if they skipped several days or something and for Rider to be killed off that fast? By Caster of all people?

I was really displeased by that... I can understand why some other things were rushed, they basicly would be repeating anime again at some point.

But now come the pluses... Shirou didn't piss me off this time! Heck, I didn't mind him one bit here! What a suprise.

No Shirou/Saber centred story, in my eyes the whole Saber/Shirou romance concentration in anime was a huge minus. Because of that story turned from cool action into sloppy melodrama where it was not needed. While here in the movie things were kept to a minimum what made whole iterection and story more enjoyable.

Actually story on its own is better here, it isn't some love war. Gilgamesh is not there to get Saber and we don't have lover quarrels.

I could understand Archer better and I found story twists far more enoyable in this movie. Also Caster and Lancer gor more screentime.

Obviously graphics and fighting scenes were great here. Also Saber was not a typical unbittable main hero despite still being one of the strongest servants, she looked equel to everyone else what makes you feel more for her.

Despite rushed story and Rider being killed off screen in several seconds, I still liked it a lot and will give this movie 9.

P.S. I hope that if animation studio will decide to animate other routes, they will turn them into anime series with 12 episodes.
24 episodes were obviously too many last time while movie was too short. I think 12 episodes would be able to make the right series justice. Especially for 3rd route which I know has far more changes than this one.