View Single Post
Old 2010-10-24, 00:47   Link #256
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well... I'd say it depends on Shirou. Rain is a Sakura/Rin story, and Kotomine was important because he was a perfect opposite to Shirou. So I'd say it's cut-able unless you're going to be focused extensively on Shirou's development too, alongside the main plotline. And even then, it depends on how close you want his development to be to what it was in HF, I guess.
Well, part of the problem I'm facing is that Rain is largely a Rin-centric story, with a lot of focus on her own struggles and ideals as she tries to come to terms with what she wants as opposed as to what she feels she has to do. So while Shirou definitely gets some development, it's not quite true to the original focus he had in HF, because Rain is more a story focused on Rin's problems and demons, and less on Shirou's, though he has his own set of issues to deal with. Which is part of why I'm hesitant about the whole thing; I plan to have Rin and Kotomine interact a bit in Rain, but I don't know how much it would change compared to the relationship they have in Fate or UBW.