View Single Post
Old 2010-10-25, 01:41   Link #1461
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What do you think Dilla, will they Hang on to Butch? Should they? Some criticism online has been pretty toxic, but from what I see it's not really his fault per se.
Well, the reason online is toxic is because it's UNC, a big program. Everyone cheering for other schools are going to take opportunity to hate because that's what they do. For example, a lot of these people has dubbed the program UNCheaters. Guess what, all those accused have been held out, how does that make UNC cheaters?

What Butch has going against him is that UNC has a reputation of being a spotless program in all sports, nothing of this magnitude has happened to this program since 1957. Also, the AD has stated that he will back Butch, but the chancellor has stated that he very disturbed by what it going down. So I'm looking at it like this, if he stays, sweet. But if he is fired at the end the season, I won't be surprised. I just hope that they have a big name and recruiter in mind to replace him if it goes down. Personally, I would like Butch to stay. He took this problem for crap to contenders in only two years after he was hired, let him see it through. Plus, as I've said, UNC has a top 12 freshman class verbally committed for 2011, but if Butch is fired some of those recruits may de-commit from UNC and follow him or simply commit to another school.

The reason that this has been such a big deal is because this happened all over one summer. The illegal benefits issues are usually nothing big, I would say a good amount a collegiate players take benefits of some kind throughout their careers, but very few get caught. As you may have noticed, players getting suspended due to illegal benefits or talking to agents have shot up, and that's because of social media like Twitter. That's how got Marvin Austin caught.

Now the academic scandal has been overblown. Twelve players accused and as of now only three (all bench players) were found guilty and suspended for a year per the rules, seven were cleared and are playing, and the two left are likely to be cleared (one bench warmer and a rotational guy).

Three players? Yeah, so scandalous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Is it possible for Favre to reach 300 straight games in the regular season if the Vikings don't make the playoffs? Mind you, he clearly is limping. Not sure if he can continue the streak. Still an amazing feat regardless of when it ends, since he's in the 290s and the next closest is in the 120s.
Peyton Manning has 198 consecutive starts.

I doubt Favre sits, he receives a lot of dislike(I'm one of them) for various issues, but he is an Ironman.

Like tonight when he got popped and started limping, he refused to see a medical trainer. One even tried to confront him and force him to be evaluated, but Favre blew him off to prepare for the next offensive possession.

The only way he doesn't play is if he is carried off the field on a stretcher (which could happen actually, he's been taking a beating and that's his surgically repaired ankle, one good shot and that may be his career).

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-10-25 at 02:28.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote