View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 11:16   Link #2047
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So I actually expressed an opinion that Ranka couldn't be sure of the effect her singing would have on the Vajra. The other possibility, that she knew that her singing had a negative effect on the Vajra, was expressed by Dex and I only pointed out that this would have been an even worse motivation than being uncertain of the effect.
Two points I think you're overlooking (and the reason I asked):

First, if she had recovered enough memory to realize that she was the key to the conflict, then she would've known that removing herself from Frontier would lead the Vajra away from the fleet (if it weren't for that meddling Grace). They have no reason to attack if she weren't there.

Second (and maybe I'm misremembering), but her singing could also affect the Vajra POSITIVELY as well, right? She knew this in the final episode, so she may have known this in episode 21. In which case, going to the Vajra and communicating with them would be the best way out of the conflict...again, if it weren't for Grace and her control over Brera.

Again, I'm not saying this was necessarily the case, but I don't think there's any evidence that contradicts it. Again, it all boils down to how much memory you think Ranka had recovered, and how much credit you give her.