View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 08:56   Link #1431
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
As for my opinion, Touma is a character that i can keep watching, EXCEPT for 2 things - first one are his long, anoying, predictable speeches during every fight, which i always skip in videaoplayer. Seriously, if i had an RPG game and always when i start shooting, the game pauses and my char will start a monologue with the enemy, i will run back to the market to take my money back. The second one, despite my huge Suspension of disbelief, is that he literally got a girl to live in his house, then he adds another girls to his harem and occasionally manages to see them naked and always finishes it with "such misfortune". I never in my life met a guy who would consider himself unlucky for that, either Touma is some sort of damned gay, or i dont know.

Well you have a point here, i also dont understand what the autor is thinking, no matter how good an arc is, he cant just redraw story that has been already done and call it a day. This is a MONTHLY magazine, not some weekly shounen jump. If he would do this in a weekly magazine and waste one week to recap the entire fight, i would just say, oh ok. But from the looks of it this will have at least 5 parts - chapter 35 - talk with mikoto on bridge, ch 36 - start of fight, ch 37 - fight till part with plasma, ch 38 - finishing fight after convincing clones to help, ch 39 - conclusion after fight + mikoto feeling for touma, shirai investigating the destruction in that area and finding Mikoto's coin.

5 completly wasted moths, that could have been done in 1.
I'd definitely be complaining if seeing exposed parts leads to physical abuse. Touma only complains after he gets bitten by Index or zapped by Mikoto. When Oriana didn't beat down Touma after being groped, Touma definitely indulged then.

And I welcome Railgun's adaptation of this arc. The artwork places this manga above being just a retelling of the same events, but also a different interpretation from a different point of view. I don't think I ever saw Mikoto's loss of sanity like this in Index.