View Single Post
Old 2004-10-11, 09:17   Link #13
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Interest in this anime/manga is criminally small, although I don't think you can fully enjoy this series unless you're at least somewhat familiar with the whole doujin-Comiket-aniken culture thing. I liked the manga enough to go ahead and import the first four volumes, even though I don't understand most of it. Now its licensed by Del-ray. I eagerly await their fruity translations -_-. I've no clue why they licensed Genshiken considering it seems to have almost no market appeal and it's filled with cultural references, but at least I get to read it translated. Hopefully with no Slipknot references.

The product placements are a nice touch, hope to see more of them. The Haruka kit blew me away :O
In the manga they seemed to make up names because they couldn't use the actual name. The end of each chapter had a character and then said what their favorite anime/fighting game/manga were and they were usually take-offs of actual names like instead of Vampire Hunter D it might be Vampire Seeker E or something

It would really be cool if the anime gets permission for more and you see real animes/manga stuff pop up like this.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote