View Single Post
Old 2010-11-17, 19:52   Link #522
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

1000% FACTUAL LINER NOTES (Episode 5)

Kawamori's Commentary
#05 - Star Date
Script:Hiroyuki Yoshino / Storyboard: Yasuhito Kikuchi / Production: Takayuki Fukuda / Art Diection: Hiroki Marufuji
The scouting trip to San Francisco and Las Vegas, accompanied by Director Kikuchi, provided a terribly charming background for Sheryl. I can completely understand why people would fall all over themselves for her (laughs). In order to give Ranka, having just failed in the Miss Macross Frontier Contest, her debut into the entertainment world, we made the street concert scene. We were thinkng about what would push her to her chance to sing; of course it would be Alto's paper airplane...

Macross Check! (from DVD Vol. 3 Booklet)
1. Alto and Sheryl go on a date, just like Hikaru and Minmay went on a date in DYRL. In DYRL, they went for hamburgers, so Alto and Sheryl go for hot dogs. [Yot-chan's note: The DVD booklet misses my favorite homage in the entire series. When Hikaru meets up with Minmay in the park in DYRL, she says, "Atashi to ishou ja, iya?" ("Don't you want to go with me?"). In the locker room, Sheryl says EXACTLY the same line in EXACTLY the same way. Awesome.]

2. The Zentradi mall is named "Formo," which is the surname of Exsedol Formo, from SDFM and Mac7.