View Single Post
Old 2010-11-18, 11:10   Link #1785
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
long quote with a long post from me, so I'm gonna shorten yours.
I have to agree with Strike Freedom, in fact I barely used him at all because there just isn't enough benefits and too much risks. The Freedom is a much better suit. You can actually hack your PSP and play as the Boss Freedom, he's pretty strong and has a x5 Issen move that is pretty freaking cool. But I guess it was a bit hard to balance Freedom and Strike Freedom at the same time and avoid making Strike Freedom just Freedom with Dragoons. I think they did the right thing to take out Freedom and just stick with Strike Freedom, as well as the right thing to take out X even though Divider was pretty awesome.

Assists are no longer in the game, instead they're just normal moves (executed with normal button inputs like subweapon attack and submelee attack). Different for each unit. Turn A has Sochie, 00's got Arios and Cherudim's got Seravee. They have nothing to do with Ex Burst moves. Not every units got Ex Burst moves as well, only some specific units can pull it off. 00's got Raiser Sword, Strike Freedom's got Meteor Assisted Full Burst Attack, Double X's got G Falcon Satellite Cannon, Red Frame's got Gebera Straight Slash and Turn A's got Moon Light Butterfly.

Fun Fact 1: Cherudim's got his 1-second Trans-Am counter attack that he used against Revive in the finale of 00 S2. It works as a counter and it's pretty freaking awesome.
Fun Fact 2: Unicorn can access his Green Psychoframe form once he Ex Bursts during NTD Mode.

In the most recent patch for the arcade games Wing Zero Custom got a buff, but I didn't really pay attention to him to see if he's actually a lot better now.

There are quite a few units that I consider quite handicapped in Next Plus. Unicorn is one of them, he's a decent unit and is pretty powerful but he's really not worth 3000 when he's in Unicorn mode. He's only truly formidable when he goes NT-D, but once he does so he's extremely handicapped in range. The transition is obvious and people would know how to take advantage of your weakness when you play against a seasoned player. But it seems like they changed him enough this time, and he looks pretty good.

I thought the Acguy was pretty useless in Next Plus, I never got a hang of him. So is Tallgeese, that guy is just...he's really hard to play as. I can never grasp the element behind his boosting mechanic. He naturally flies up in an angle which messes up my coordination, every boost he does is also a Next Dash boost so it takes away a lot of the bar. His guns charge long and they're hard to hit, once you hit them they don't do much. He's also got a pathetic melee move set...I don't know what they were thinking seriously. Epyon too, although he's a really cool melee unit, and if you're skilled you can pull off the longest coolest comboes ever, but they're never worth it when you're playing against a human opponent. A long combo can always be interrupted and the damage they do are always not worth it. Especially when you have units like Ribbons in the game that can beam spam the shit out of you. If you want to play melee, God, Shinning and Master are far better choices.

That's about all I got from my mind right now.

Anyway, I hope they add in Harry Ord, Blue Frame, Gold Frame, F91 Harrison, Cross Bone 2 or Cross Bone 3...and of course 00Q with another Gundam from CB. It probably won't be Zabanya since we have Cherudim already. I don't think it would be Raphael either since I think it'd be pretty hard to incorporate Seravee II mechanic into the game without it degenerating into something lame like a mere assist attack (and since we already had Virtue)...I think it's finally Allelujah's turn to shine with Harute...I hope.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote