View Single Post
Old 2010-11-23, 17:41   Link #171
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, when The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was adapted from light novel to anime they didn't have to change the novel premise to an anime original premise in order to "reflect the anime medium", whatever that's supposed to mean. So there's no inherent reason why Ore no Imouto has to do so either.
No... The equivalent plot in the OreImo novel centered around Kirino's work being adapted into a novel because it was a novel. The plot in the anime episode was revised to be centered around Kirino's work being adapted into an anime because it's an anime. And the plot revolved around the concept of adaptations not being faithful to the original story, making it a doubly-rich irony. That's all I was saying.

Edit: Might as well add this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's not what I took away from the episode at all. It may be true - no siblings should hate each other, ideally - but I don't think we're to believe he literally hates her any more than that she literally wanted him to throw himself in front of a bus. Rather, I think it's the point that their relationship is fundamentally broken on some level.
That part you quoted was a clarification of a previous point I had already explained; without the previous context, you're inadvertently reframed the meaning. Kyousuke does not hate Kirino at all. He claims that he hated her because he was/is jealous of her. The jealousy is the issue he has to address in order to fix his resentment towards her. It's obvious that he doesn't hate her in the literal sense, but such is the extent that his resentment is portrayed as having grown.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-23 at 17:52.