View Single Post
Old 2010-11-28, 02:27   Link #4498
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
no you didn't, you'd have to be typing at ~25000 words a minute non-stop. calling you out on this one
You don't multiply 5000 by 150 minutes, you DIVIDE, and it becomes approximately 33 wpm.

25000 wpm would equal to 300,000 words in total, taking that half-hour into planning and thinking, as well as writing the introduction and disclaimers.

A usual person writes at about 30-40 wpm with a word-processor. Non-stop writing would only kill when it is extended over 3-4 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Not if Saintess' report was itself demonstrating Lexical Ambiguity
Actually, having written 9 reports in the past 6-8 months, I actually felt that the "standard" way of writing reports (or at least according to marking schemes) is of that. I recall that most of my sentences don't make alot of sense and I am simply chunking in statistics, provenance and data, yet I am still able to score Bs at the very minimum.

Thus I sometimes feel that if my country's lauding of "best education in SEA" is actually an over-exaggeration used as an advertising factor, when we are taught to write like this. Or maybe it is because I am in a business school.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote