View Single Post
Old 2010-12-01, 10:22   Link #19441
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
So the backpack is firmly attached to the drive but is the drive firmly attached on to the body? Or is there a piece that locks it into place?
To better describe it, the GN Drive itself is made out of three main parts: the middle LED base on which you mount the two LED units at, and the two LED covers that house the lenses and make up the rest of the external GN Drive body. It's the rear LED cover that easily slips out of the assembly, taking the backpack along with it. The front cover and main LED base are apparently snug inside the 00 Qan[T]'s torso, thus requiring "fishing" them out of the body in the event that the rear LED cover slips out

The solution to the problem then is to simply glue the rear LED cover in place on the LED base to keep the backpack secure. But then once the rear LED runs out you'll have a lot of difficulty replacing its batteries. Unless you're not using LED's in the first place

While I don't have the MG 00 Qan[T], I've seen this same problem manifest in my MG Exia, and since I didn't have LED's for it I just glued the GN Drive shut.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote