View Single Post
Old 2010-12-02, 12:40   Link #1354
Bolt237

OK, well, here's an update from me:

-Falling Reinforced Concrete: Not even close to done. Might not ever get done. Sorry.
-Heart goes boom: if someone wants to do it, I have the scans. I probably won't be doing any more tabbing for around a month, or until the band score 3 comes out.
-I got a new guitar. unfortunately I left it on a train. whoops.
-I thought about making a k-on medley, and I got some good ideas and transitions, but it never came to fruition. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitionaL View Post
I was wondering this a while ago but...why do some of the official tabs have 3 guitars? Am I right in saying that the extra guitar is found in the recording of the song just to add more 'flavor'?

Also which of the 3 guitars parts should be included if this was to play live? In other words, how would I more accurately represent the songs live?
There are indeed 3 guitars in some of the recorded versions. This happens pretty often in other music too. You could get an idea of what they would sound like with only 2 guitars from the live versions (ie. U&I, Tokimeki Sugar...) Usually the third guitar plays a rhythm part when the first two are doing a dual solo/melody. In Listen, the third guitar is the soloist. If you wanted to play that live I would suggest one of the guitars pick up the solo, the other do rhythm, and drop the rest of the third guitar part.
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote