View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 00:23   Link #20010
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctar87 View Post
Bern is evil. There's absolutely no doubt about that. But it isn't just senseless evil. She enjoys cruelly exposing the truth, and make others suffer from it. I think of her as a symbol of the harshness of reality. The witch of Miracles is only there to guarantee that there aren't any.
Funny. For the part of me who is convinced Bern is in no way a benevolent character, my idea of her is a complete contrast to yours.
I see her cruetly as purely senseless. She's become so twisted from whatever hell she was trapped in for some length of eternity, that she can't deal with existing with bringing harm unto others. Her and Lambda suffered the same hell, for a presumably equal amount of time. Both of them broke, but in different ways. Lambda learned to simply enjoy taking things a twisting them until they broke, laughing at it, them moving onto the next one. She's never fazed by defeat, since it's all just a game to her. Bern never found an understanding like Lambda did. She just breaks things, tears out their guts and feasts on them, but never truely enjoys it the way Lambda enjoys breaking things. Both of them are broken beyond repair, but Lambda at least can enjoy herself.
'Course, it's all speculation, considering how little we know of them, but that's what I've put together when I think she's twisted and cruel.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote