View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 15:12   Link #205
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Come on; take Bleach into context, why dontcha?
When you take things into context (like this), it's best to factor in ALL of the evidence the series provides. So when you consider there's hardly any proof at all to suggest a VL is any stronger than an adjuchas lvl arrancar beyond one characters statements that have been translated several different ways, to mean several different things, I seem to be the only one among us using the word "level" in the proper context. Because if most of the Espada were merely as strong as non-arrancar Vasto Lorde's, that notion leads to gaping plot holes that I already discussed.

On the other hand, if the Espada were mostly of the Vasto Lorde "level" turned into arrancer, then that makes much more sense. I even managed to find one manga scanlation that directly suggests the word "level" to be used in the exact context I'm advocating.
Spoiler for saving page space:

Of course, this is also part of the same shred of evidence I've been claiming has been translated and interpreted several different ways. So take it as you will. But this is the scanlation I'm going with as this is the one that most appropriate fits in with the "context" of the situation. And when you consider that 9 out of the 10 espada have either been proven to be VL's or have no proof to suggest they're anything less, I'd say it proves my point all the more when you take Kubo's statements into consideration.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-12-20 at 15:27.