View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 22:46   Link #1346
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
FINALLY some1 who thinks that it was horos fault and not lawrence's that all these things with amati happened. In my opinion lawrence isnt at fault AT ALL. Calling him an idiot would be totally absurd. Considering how angry horo was and what she said to him and then even showing him the marriage certificate NOBODY would think "oh yea the girl i m in love with probably pulls a little prank on me no problem"
i think many guys can understand me when i say horo acted like all women sometimes act..... totally unreasonable and illogical ^^
While I do think back and wonder what the hell was running through Holo's mind in some scenes, I'm not willing to write her off as the only illogical/unreasonable one

Lawrence plainly was an idiot at times. Firstly for not being as open as Holo obviously needs him to be (she practically begged him to be more open with her in volume 2, which was a sad and hilarious gender role-reversal). But since his motivations for not being open were partly born from her chipping away at his self-esteem, that only makes them even in my book.

Then he also neglected to pay attention to what he was doing at pretty much any point in the story (but especially when he just casually left the letter for Holo without even reading it.. talk about stupid). And of course, hiding the truth from her for so long, when he clearly had no idea how to deal with breaching the topic.. that could only end in tears unless he could keep up the charade (which he obviously couldn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Being overly hard on Amati, nah... you play with the big boys, you better be willing to pay the price.
And he did, didn't he? I doubt he'll ever look at a pretty face the same way, underestimate a scruffy-looking merchant, assume things are what they seem, or be such a pompous ass around the townspeople who make his livelihood possible.

But anyway, I'm tired of playing devil's advocate for a character who I feel got his just desserts. It's not like I wasn't pissed off by his cavalier attitude towards alienating and underestimating everyone.

Hmm.. you know, on an earlier point you made, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence had a complex or fear of being teased, seeing as how everyone in the novels seems to love teasing him every chance the get.. this volume was just him moving from teaser to teaser, and only the kid seemed to cut to the chase and give him the advice (and kick in the rear) he needed.

Last edited by BashZeStampeedo; 2010-12-28 at 15:12.
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote