View Single Post
Old 2010-12-29, 14:39   Link #20549
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
EP8 ETA: ~ 30 hours till it hits Comike 79.

Are you guys going to go back into hiding to avoid spoilers? Or are more of you guys going to attempt the Japanese version to keep up?
I'll do as usual and avoid this thread until I read the whole episode. Unfortunately I'm very slow at that...

For what concern the actual parentage of Yasu. I would say that the idea that she isn't really Beatrice2's daughter is supported by the fact that Kinzo was ready to recognize as Beatrice whoever would solve the epitaph.... if it wasn't for the fact that Yasu has clearly been a special case since 10 years before.
So basically this point that would be otherwise pretty interesting becomes completely irrelevant under this light.

If you want to speculate that Yasu isn't really Beatrice you'd have to think that someone (Genji or the whole Gensawajo) planned to make her pass for Lion since the time she was hired. And of course this is a lot less probable than the idea that Genji decided to use a bit of magic to grant his best friend his last wish before dying.
You'd have to assume there is some patient mastermind behind this, someone who would be ready to wait 10 years for something that was never guaranteed to succeed (and which didn't if he aimed for the gold).

But then we go back to the usual problem. There doesn't seem to be enough evidence to understand who is this mastermind not even after 7 episodes. Is it really all right for a mastermind of this kind to pop up without any real foreshadowing? Is there really a character who had the power to set up this plan and which was foreshadowed to have an actual interest in doing so?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2010-12-29 at 14:49.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote