View Single Post
Old 2010-12-29, 15:20   Link #3096
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Wow, this thread sure erupted. I'm glad I didn't have to be on the front lines for this one.

Spoiler for 81:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So... Anyone have any theories on what's up with Hitomi? You think she knows more about Ajimi than she let's on? Or is she hiding something about Zenkichi, considering how calm she was when he died? And I thought minuses were minuses because the powers they have contribute nothing to society? I can understand Deadscar, because that really doesn't do much. But Emukae's ability to create instant fertilizer would make farmers around the world happy... Though, I don't know how that relates to her ability to control plants.
I'm not going to speculate on the Hitomi bit but as far as the Minuses go, I think I'd call them that because of their destructive capacity/potential rather than just because they contribute nothing to society alone. Sure, Emukae is using her Minus to grow plants right now but if you think about it thats not a good thing either. Look at the rate of the growth. These things are expanding in a matter of seconds it looks like. Hyper-growth of plants would throw off the eco-system all over the globe and destroy human civilization.

Since Emukae can't really turn off her Minus like Shibuki can, she probably can't just leave it at growing flowers and trees. Nothing Kumagawa suggests would be a "Plus" as we know.