Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 07:33   Link #11049
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I fail to see any logic in such a comment beside its purpose to inject some sense of victimization into an unrelated topic and its mud-slinging attempt?
Just the fact I don't see anything special about this. China is a nuclear power, and as such it has been able to have a technological lead that was hampered because of its "inferiority," so to speak. If ROK can develop such tech, why not China? Anything about "breakthroughs" is just.... well, something quite behind.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for KSTAR to fully be operational.

Quote:
So why is a technology that will potentially reduce pollution and slow down global warming a bad thing?
I never said it was a bad thing. More of "ah, so another instant of blowing one's horn when its old news." Besides, I don't see much change with the coal industry, given the interests vested in it.

Quote:
Last, "unrestrained dictatorship"? What the hell? Is this even remotely related to the topic about the technological development?
Just a side comment on the rise of "state capitalism". Supposingly, greater state control is needed for economic growth and technological development, according to some people.