Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-13, 02:12   Link #2099
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
1. Sunako wanted more Shiki because she was lonely, plain and simple.
2. It's specifically stated that Sunako doesn't see the Shiki as incomplete jinrou but that they are allies (or something along those lines, if anyone could fine the exact line that would be great). For Tatsumi it's not a master-servant thing, he respects Sunako and cares for her and that's why he takes care of her.
3. Because he loved Chizuru and love makes you do crazy things.
4. As I stated earlier in the thread, I saw a bite mark on him so it would make sense that Natsuno bit him and instructed him to take down any Shiki that he saw.
5. Pretty sure that Doc wasn't expecting the village to literally explode into flame.
This. Shiki is not a series which tries to take itself too serious. The reason behind it may be very simple. Nothing is always necessary complex. And it's not a bad thing at all. I'm sure that some of those are pretty obvious. Complaining about it only shows that you don't take much attention to it or you never try to think about it any further.

Sunako just wanted to build her own family and lived happily. She didn't want to escape anymore. Another people in Kanemasa also shared this vision. There is a reason that I can think of why they didn't turn the man into Shiki even if he wanted to be one. If I remember correctly, he stated that he was responsible about there authority and real estate. It's actually reasonable that they didn't turn him to Shiki because his work needed to deal with human in daylight. There is no guarantee that he could become werewolf or even shiki. He might just die that's all.

Werewolf is more powerful than Shiki. But if you think only this and declare "ZOMG, WEREWOLF SHOULD RULE THE SHIKI. THEY ARE MORE POWERFUL. WHY DO THEY FOLLOW SUNAKO. THIS MUST BE A PLOTHOLE!" That's because you look at it only one side. It's not all about power level. Shiki is liked human. They have allies. They have friends. They have emotion. This series is not all about the individual. The life of villagers are reflected from the perspective of each main characters. Each moment leads to another moment. A peaceful and kind villager turn into a murderer. That's how the villager in this series developed in the end.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2011-01-13 at 02:27.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote