View Single Post
Old 2011-01-26, 05:34   Link #6
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Personally I would find it annoying, since I (when it's possible to me) watch new episodes on CR the minute they're avaliable.
At least for the shows I work on or handle, at this point I have 3 different people working on them (translators, editor, and qcer), so typos are kept pretty minimal.

But sometimes it's not just typos, but revelations in the series itself that would cause one to go back and reinterpret something in a previous episode...
That's just unavoidable when doing translations in real time, and fansub groups had to deal with this sort of thing too.

The point being, anyway, that having a system which allows subtitles to be updated is a good thing, and something that the ripping groups do not have, and cannot pirate.

In a perfect world the shows would be ready a 2 weeks ahead of time and there's be $500 an episode to hire a gaggle of interns to check every episode twice.
But streaming works on much much tighter budgets, and three people going over it once is all that can be practically afforded without a massive increase in revenue from the streaming.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote