View Single Post
Old 2011-02-16, 15:53   Link #911
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
She's not raping anybody.

That we know of.
So if Toya's not dying in that last scene, who's the Beatrice that's taking hims hand for magical togetherness time?

...Who was the final Beatrice, again?

And isn't Ange a brocon?

Quote:
I thought being a "witch of truth" was someone who knows the truth and is able to endure it and surpass it, especially after Erika's vision of LD and Bern in arc 6.
While it's a good definition, I'm pretty much 100% sure that Erika was deluding herself. She was really depreciating LD and Bern in order to feel better about herself, and had no ability to cope with the truth that A) She is utterly useless and worthless in the eyes of the master she craves the approval of, and B) That she doesn't actually exist.

She "withstood the truth" only by only seeing a truth that gratifies her ego without threatening it.

Quote:
Erika didn't know the truth about Umineko, but she knew the truth about her own personal situation and fully endured it and aknowledged it. In contrast she seemed to end up looking down on both Bern and LD for basically escaping/denying reality.
Did she really accept the truth of her personal situation though? As Dlanor said, "You still have not defeated any of my blues evidencing that I still loved YOU." "Whatever."

Moreover, what reality could Lambda and Bern really be running from? We're told they're running from the fear of the Logic Error, but they're not actually in one, are they? And being Voyagers, they might have literally lost all sense of reality; Bern certainly seems to treat the characters as the fictional entities they are to us and has no grasping that the pieces she plays with are to some extent real people.