View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 00:28   Link #3035
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Physics is about "how things happen". "why" is a metaphysical question that depends on the baggage you brought with you to the observation.

Time is an aspect of spacetime and not extricable as a separate property. Asking what happened "before" the Big Bang is somewhat like asking "what is North of the North Pole?" or "where is the 91st latitude?". But this is the religion thread so that's as far as I'm going to go with that.
i don't agree on the "before big bang" thing. why not? as far as religion is concerned, for example, god was before the big bang. (i'm thinking outside the box here, don't tell me that some religion says that big bang theory is blasphemy)
and sure as heck, scientists would love to find out what was before the big bang. its just that so far their theories are boring. like - there were particles, they collided - bang!
its actually one of the things that is supposed to prove the existance of god. when u come to an end, when you can't answer "where did this come from?" or "what made this phenomenon happen?", you come to god. because he is eternal blah blah you know the rest. its just a theory i like...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote