View Single Post
Old 2011-02-19, 00:53   Link #3038
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I know you're just quoting an example, but this is exactly the bogus logic I was alluding to in my last post. Let's throw the theists a bone here and assume there has to be a First Cause, even if it only precedes the Big Bang in a causal sense and not a temporal one. Let's even call it God, because hey, if it was called Slartibartfast people might laugh at it.

Now what? We have our "God" but what else can we say about it, other than it had the power to bring the known universe into existence? We can't infer anything about its nature, not even that it continued to exist after doing its job: maybe the Big Bang was to God as a supernova is to a dying star? We certainly can't get from First Cause to "God loves you and takes a personal interest in your life unless of course you're homosexual or watch anime" (or, to be fair, that God is invisble, pink, and suspiciously unicorn-shaped).
i literally LOL'ed 2 times at your post. i have nothing to argue, its just that u have a great sense of humor. damn that was funny)
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote